Hit enter to search or ESC to close


iStock 615426940marine1 v5

Marine insurance

Marine insurance protects you and your business from international and domestic marine risks. Whether you own or charter vessels - or move cargo, our experienced marine insurance specialists can provide you expert advice to give you the financial protection you need. 

Our marine insurance brokers work with you to understand your risks and then design the right insurance programme for you. 



Who needs marine insurance?

Private and commercial vessel owners and operators, as well as associated businesses require marine insurance, including: 

  • Shipping owners and operators
  • Fleet owners
  • Ferry operators
  • Charter and tourist boat operators
  • People or businesses with loans on vessels
  • Tug and work boat handlers
  • Marina operators

Marine insurance solutions

Marine insurance covers vessels and fleets against physical damage and loss caused at sea and other kinds of waterway.

Solutions are available for international and domestic marine exposures including: 

For boaties, we also offer pleasure craft insurance, to help keep you on the water.

Help with marine insurance

Our marine specialist have over 40 years' experience with marine broking and underwriting, and extensive expertise in marine-affiliated policy. We maintain strong relationships with the Marina Operators Association (MOA) and look after many of the privately-owned marinas throughout New Zealand. 

Our long-standing relationships, and our international connections through Gallagher, keep us up to date with changes in the marine industry, and enables us to secure market-leading cover for our clients. 


Contact a marine broker

With over 40 years' experience in the industry, we understand what's needed to protect you and your business from domestic and international marine risks.

Get in touch